In 853, Charles Le Chauve had manors built to protect the region from Norman invaders - the first Château of Querrieu was among them. It was destroyed, rebuilt and altered over the centuries. In 1916 it housed the British General Staff during the visit of King George V.
The château of Prouzel is one of the 18th century follies which enhance the Picardy countryside. It is the work of Jacques Rousseau, a Picardy architect and master-builder, who was also responsible for the old theatre at Amiens, of which only the façade remains.