Listed as an historical monument in 1840, this remarkable example of 15th century military architecture is a powerful fortress with enormous round towers, machicolations and 'chemin de ronde' (high level path round battlements). Take a guided tour of this stronghold, converted in the 18th century in
In 853, Charles Le Chauve had manors built to protect the region from Norman invaders - the first Château of Querrieu was among them. It was destroyed, rebuilt and altered over the centuries. In 1916 it housed the British General Staff during the visit of King George V.