In 853, Charles Le Chauve had manors built to protect the region from Norman invaders - the first Château of Querrieu was among them. It was destroyed, rebuilt and altered over the centuries. In 1916 it housed the British General Staff during the visit of King George V.
This 18th century château is one of the finest in the Amiens area. In French Regency style, it is a listed historical monument. It has sculpted façades and ornamental gates with a hunting theme, created by "Le Vivarais".