Rémi is the only remaining sculptor in the Somme. Visit his workshop and watch how pieces of wood take shape as he carves them. He also sculpts stone, bronze... shop next to workshop selling his Raku ceramics, wooden birds, candlesticks.
In 853, Charles Le Chauve had manors built to protect the region from Norman invaders - the first Château of Querrieu was among them. It was destroyed, rebuilt and altered over the centuries. In 1916 it housed the British General Staff during the visit of King George V.
The mill at Candas is more commonly called "Fanchon's mill", after the name of the last miller. It's one of the last remaining brick and sandstone tower mills with an unusual roof. It has just been restored and now looks just as it did in the 18th century.