- 120km of cycle track
- 8'Maisons de la vallée' (accommodation)
The tow path alongside the river has been converted into a 120km cycle track with modern facilities. It's a safe way to go from Péronne to the Baie estuary at Saint-Valery-sur-Somme. Along its route there are picnic areas, bike racks, Bistros de Pays serving local food. To be sure of seeing everything on this riverside route, buy Michel Bonduelle's brand new Véloguide, "La Somme en roue libre", published by Ouest France. It advises on which routes to choose, on alternative routes, where to eat and stay overnight with information on the tourist attractions found along the route.
'Maisons de la Vallée'
Refurbished lock keepers' houses
All along the river, 9 refurbished lock keepers' houses, part of the valley's rich heritage, provide accommodation:
• Frise Supérieur: large gîte and area for pitched tents - 06 99 88 86 88
• Frise Inférieur: centre for long distance kayaking - 06 99 19 95 47
• Eclusier-Vaux: Café de la Vallée, two gîtes and large dance hall - 06 99 88 86 88
• Froissy: Café de la Vallée and small gîte on upper floor - 06 74 90 14 57 (closed at the moment)
• Lamotte-Brebière: Café de la Vallée and area for pitched tents - 06 04 51 76 94
• Ailly-sur-Somme: Tourist Information Office with bikes, kayaks and electric boats for hire - 03 22 51 46 85
• Long: river interpretive centre
• Saint-Valery-sur-Somme: water activity centre "La Canoterie"
New: small barge for hire, based at river port authority at Cappy. Tel.: 03 22 76 02 13
Plan your own route, your own weekend, based on what the valley has to offer and your desires!
- Boat trips
All along the valley Planet Nautic has opened centres for hiring electric boats
- 90 min., 3 hours or a whole day (no need to recharge the battery)
- Lock-keeper's house at Lamotte-Brebière-Amiens - 03 22 27 71 60
- Café au fil de l'eau - 6 bd Beauville in Amiens - 03 22 91 43 22
- Ailly-sur-Somme Tourist Information Office - 11 rue du Pont - 03 22 51 46 85
- Eaucourt-sur-Somme - 06 41 94 46 05
Canal boat hire at Saint-Valery-sur-Somme - 06 82 32 37 70 -
- Cable water skiing
New at Amiens: since May 1st 2016 you can try water skiing on the lakes at Dreuil-les-Amiens - thrills and spills guaranteed.
Amiens Cable Park - 06 63 38 67 39
Let's talk ToClaire Blin
Somme Valley Project, Departmental council
En direct des Blogs !World Me Now
A la découverte de la Vallée de Somme !
You'll like too
By accessing this site, cookies are placed on your browser. Some are mandatory but you are in a position to check or uncheck some of them. In order to be able to access to the whole of functionalities’s our web site, we advise you to keep the activating of different categories of cookies.