Organize my stay with my dog in Amiens
- 770 hectares of green spaces
- 300 animals at Amiens Zoo
- 50km² of surface area
Welcome to the Canitourism area,
dedicated to all animal lovers!
We are happy to inform you that Amiens welcomes your pets.
We believe that dogs are part of the family and we are delighted to welcome you with them. In this city of the Somme, many green spaces and parks are available for walks with your dogs. We are convinced that this historical and cultural city will be an ideal destination for your next vacation with your pet.
So, come and discover the parks/gardens of Amiens and take the opportunity to rest in the company of your 4-legged friend, here are our addresses:
- The Parc Saint Pierre, located near the Saint-Leu district is marked by the presence of water, as is the case of the whole city which is nicknamed "the little Venice of the North".
- The Parc de la Hotoie is the oldest park in Amiens. With its 19 hectares, it offers a large body of water and is located next to the zoo.
- The Jardin des plantes is one of the oldest botanical gardens in the city.
- The Jardin archéologique de Saint-Acheul was designed to highlight one of the oldest testimonies of our heritage. It invites you to walk along natural paths and discover the past thanks to a signage that will allow you to go back in time over 450 000 years.
- Rue du Condorcet saw the inauguration in 2017, of a dog park called "caniparc". This park provides facilities for dogs to play freely, while preventing them from escaping. The main mission of this park is to create social links by facilitating communication between dog owners. This place is a must for all dog owners.
- The towpath can be interesting if you are passionate about "cani-VTT". Indeed, you could be interested in the Véloroute de la vallée de la Somme, which extends over a distance of 120 km. This route is perfectly adapted to this activity.
So, what are you waiting for to enjoy your stay together in Amiens?
If you're looking to shop, you've come to the right place!
We have selected for you some reputable grooming salons where you can take your companion to be pampered in complete safety. This is the perfect opportunity to take care of your pet and visit cultural places where pets are not allowed.
- Le chien rétro (which is not exactly located in the city center but next to the Parc de la Hotoie, if you have decided to visit the zoo for example)
- CD grooming
- Amiens Dog's&co
You want to please your faithful four-legged friend?
We have selected a few pet stores for you. And what's even better is that you can get there easily on foot, without having to use public transport.
Downtown Amiens has a few pet stores offering quality products and accessories to satisfy your pet's every need. If your pet is a fan of kibble and natural foods, visit L'animalerie Dhuez.
If you have access to public transportation, the Maxi Zoo Amiens store located in Amiens Nord is perfect for your pets. This store offers a wide selection of toys, leashes, litter boxes, baskets and other accessories for cats, dogs and other animals.
Is CaniTransport possible in Amiens?
Unfortunately, if you plan to travel by Ametis bus, you will need to carry your pet in a bag. However, it is important to note that large dogs are not accepted on buses, so if you have a large companion, you will have to opt for another transportation solution such as car rental. If you want to move around with your pet freely, you can use your own car to get around. This will allow you to easily get to the different places in the city that you want to visit, while having your furry friend by your side.
However, it is important to note that assistance dogs, such as dogs for the visually impaired, are allowed on Ametis buses. This is an exception to the rule of transporting animals on buses.
Where to sleep with my dog?
- The Moxy Hotel has air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms, TV and free Wi-Fi. It has a restaurant and a bar. This hotel awaits you and your pooch to welcome you and your dog will receive a welcome kit. It accepts two dogs with a maximum weight of 30 kg. This hotel offers relaxation areas in which dogs are allowed and especially invited. A supplement of 10€ per night and per dog will be asked.
- La chambre d'Amiens allows you to enjoy a weekend with your dog for a supplement of 6€ per night, he will receive a surprise on your arrival. It has a small garden. There is also a park not far from the room which is convenient for walks and it is close to downtown Amiens and the tourist sites.
- Le camping des Cygnes accepts dogs for a maximum of 3 dogs between 10 and 30 kg. A supplement of 2€ per night and per dog. It is surrounded by ponds and greenery.
- See other dog friendly addresses
Where to eat with my dog?
- Restaurant l'Estaminet accepts dogs and offers them a bowl of water with a slice of ham. This restaurant offers traditional cuisine with home-made dishes and desserts.
- Le Quai is a restaurant with a local, original and creative cuisine made by passionate chefs. Concerning the ingredients, the local products are privileged. It is located near the cathedral and 5 minutes from the Hortillonnages. Your dog is accepted and can accompany you.
- La Mangeoire to enjoy a gourmet break in the company of your doggie, the menu is composed of a wide selection of pancakes and sweet and salty cakes, there is something for everyone.
- See the other dog friendly addresses
Contact the Amiens tourist office
23 Place Notre Dame
+33 03 22 71 60 50
We count on you
Dog waste is a common problem in cities and residential areas. To help solve this problem, many cities have put in place regulations that require pet owners to pick up after their dogs. Owners must use special bags to pick up their dog's waste and dispose of it in the designated waste receptacles.