The 'Grande Réderie' in Amiens
- 15KM OF PAVEMENTS
Amiens: 'Grande Réderie'
2 KEY DATES
The 'Grande Réderie' in Amiens takes place twice a year: in autumn (often the 1st Sunday in October) and in spring (second Sunday in April). It's the second largest event of its kind, after the 'Grande Braderie' in Lille. It brings together nearly 2,000 stallholders from all over France and beyond, amateur and professional, with visitors from all over Europe in search of the object(s) of their dreams. A chance to meet people from lots of different countries and backgrounds in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. So, we’ll see you on 23rd April 2023 for the spring event and 1st October 2023 for the 'Grande Réderie' in autumn!
A few useful words for the day
- Vinde, Acater = sell, buy
- D'l'argint, d'l'ergint = money
- Del monnoée = change Un briscanteus= second-hand goods dealer
- Eune viézrie = old thing, antique
- "Combin qu'cha coute?" / How much does it cost? (A nod to the late Jean-Pierre Pernaud, native of Picardy)
- "A ch'martchè à rédries, feut marcander !"/ At a flea market, you must haggle!