The Pointe du HourdelCayeux-sur-Mer
Cayeux-sur-Mer and the Pointe du Hourdel
- 14km of beaches
- 420beach huts
Cayeux-sur-Mer and Le Hourdel
To the lighthouse
Le Hourdel is a hamlet in Cayeux-sur-Mer featuring a striking green and white lighthouse which marks the south entrance to the Somme Bay. You can reach this little fishing port by bicycle by way of a safe cycle path. It's the ideal place to watch the Somme Bay seals.
Cayeux-sur-Mer means "Pebbly-on-sea", but the resort has much more to offer than that. It also boasts old-fashioned beach huts, a trail through dunes, pine woods in Brighton (yes, there's one in France too!), fresh air and a huge sandy beach visible for 1½ hrs at low tide.
Destination: nature !
If you love the beach, hiking, wide open spaces and fresh air, in the company of your loved ones, family or friends, the Cayeux-sur-Mer resort is for you, since it boasts :
- a 14-km coastline with varying landscapes
- the longest boardwalk in Europe lined with over 400 beach huts
- the Hâble d'Ault bird reserve (admission free)
- blazed trails through the pine woods, for walks catering to the whole family
- a 3-km trail known as the "Route blanche" through the dunes (closed to cars)
- the Pointe du Hourdel and the largest colony of harbour seals in France
- the most beautiful kite-surfing spot in the north of France!
Cayeux-sur-Mer, the top holiday resort with all seaside activities!