- 1Grand Site
- 245km of river
- 100years since 1916
The Somme Bay
Top 14 'must-dos' in the Somme Bay
- Walk across the bay from Le Crotoy to Saint-Valery-sur-Somme accompanied by a naturalist tour guide
- Enjoy a spot of land sailing on the long sandy beaches of the Marquenterre
- Take a trip back in time on the Somme Bay steam train
- Set off on a pirogue to see the colony of seals that have set up home in the bay
- Ride a Henson, a little sand-coloured horse that originates from the Somme Bay
- Come and observe the thousands of birds in the Marquenterre Bird Sanctuary
- Imagine yourself as a knight for a day in Rambures Castle
- Breathe in the scent of the magnificent roses of the Valloires Gardens
- Discover the cheer and exuberance of the villas of the Belle Epoque at Mers-les-Bains
- Climb up the cliffs between Ault and Mers-les-Bains and enjoy a walk with panoramic views
- Visit the mediaeval city of Saint Valery with its beautiful pebbled streets
- Ride a bike along the cycle paths of the bay
- Make a detour inland to the Royal Abbey of Saint Riquier
A closer look at the Somme Valley!
Top 11 'not-to-be-missed' of the valley
- Travel the Somme Valley cycle path. Your comfort is guaranteed!
- Take some height on one of the viewpoints especially designed to help understand the landscapes
- Enjoy a glass (or even a night) in one of the fully restored lock-keeper houses
- Savour the finest produce of the region in one of our Bistrot de Pays
- Experience a fabulous canoe and camping trip along the river
- Follow in the footsteps of Blaise Cendrars where he fought on the mountain of Frise
- Take a walk through one of the exceptional natural habitats that can be found along the river
- Embark on a short cruise along the river
- Explore the surroundings of the Somme at Froissy, aboard an authentic little train from the past
- Immerse yourself in the history of Prehistoric France at Samara
City Break in Amiens
Top 7 highlights in and around Amiens
- Climb the towers of Amiens Cathedral, a jewel of Gothic architectur
- Wander through the Hortillonnages, 300 hectares of floating gardens on the edge of the city
- Admire the 'Cathedral in Colours' light display in the summer months and December
- Immerse yourself in the world of Jules Verne by visiting his home of 18 years
- Enjoy a drink in Quai Belu or Place du Don, in the Saint-Leu district
- Descend 30 metres beneath the ground and visit the Underground City of Naours
Chapters of history
8 sites of the Remembrance Trail
- Visit the Historial, Museum of the Great War in Péronne, a renowned museum focusing on the history of the Great War.
- Descend 10 metres beneath the town of Albert and learn about life in the trenches in the Somme 1916 Museum
- Visit the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing, where over 72,000 men with no known grave are remembered
- Climb to the top of the Newfoundland Caribou Memorial at Beaumont-Hamel for a moving view of the former battlefield
- See the enormous Lochnagar mine crater at La Boisselle, created at the beginning of the Battle of the Somme, on 1 July at 7.28am
- Explore Delville Wood and the South African Memorial at Longueval, a former battleground today at peace
- Take part in the moving ANZAC Day Dawn Service on 25 April at Villers-Bretonneux
- Participate with the commemorations of the Battle of the Somme at various sites of remembrance on 1 July
En direct des Blogs !World Me Now
A la découverte de la Vallée de Somme !
En direct des Blogs !La Marinière en Voyage
Parcourir la Baie de Somme en un week-end...
Céline, aka La Marinière en Voyage, est une adepte du tourisme de proximité. Amoureuse de la France, elle nous partage dans cet article ses lieux coups de coeur en baie de Somme !
A velo sur les traces de la bataille de la Somme !
C’est accompagné de son vélo Francklin, que Mathis Behaegel, alias "La Tortuga", a emprunté la véloroute Vallée de Somme pour partir la découverte du Circuit du Souvenir, en vue de produire un podcast et une vidéo axés sur l’Histoire de la Grande Guerre dans la Somme. Au programme : Des paysages marqués par le conflit mondial, des rencontres avec des personnalités œuvrant pour faire perdurer la mémoire de ceux qui se sont battus pour nos lendemains, des mémoriaux emblématiques de la destination…
Pour visionner la vidéo RDV, cliquez ici !
By accessing this site, cookies are placed on your browser. Some are mandatory but you are in a position to check or uncheck some of them. In order to be able to access to the whole of functionalities’s our web site, we advise you to keep the activating of different categories of cookies.